Monday, January 14, 2008

Speedy Chicken Stir-Fry

Hello! I'm new to this, but very excited to participate. I love trying new recipes - it's so easy to get in a rut! My name is Andrea and I live in Texas. I am a mom to a 4 year old boy (Ethan) and a 7 year old girl (Abby). So... here is my first contribution. This is a recipe that I found recently - and it has become a family favorite. (I've made it 3 times this past month!) It is very quick and easy!


8 oz. angel hair pasta (capellini), uncooked (I used whole wheat thin spaghetti)
2 cups small broccoli florets
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1/2 cup KRAFT Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing (this also comes in Light)
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/4 tsp. each: ground ginger, garlic powder, crushed red pepper (I leave out the ginger - not a fan!)
1/3 cup chopped PLANTERS Dry Roasted Peanuts

COOK pasta as directed on package, adding broccoli to the boiling water for the last 3 min. of the pasta cooking time.

MEANWHILE, spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 to 8 min. or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Stir in dressing, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper; cook 1 min., stirring occasionally.

DRAIN pasta mixture; place in large bowl. Add chicken mixture; mix lightly. Spoon evenly into four serving bowls; sprinkle with the peanuts.

Makes: 4 servings, 2 cups each

[picture and recipe from Kraft Foods website]

5 comments:

Gary Church said...

Hi Andrea! Welcome! Great recipe find!

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gary Church said...

Hi Queen Bee,

I sent you an invite ... you'll receive an email to contribute to Janette's blog ... that would be us. Thanks again! If you want, you can leave your name and home state and I'll add you on the right ...

Also, I'm deleting your previous comment so that your email is floating around. Thanks!

J

Kim said...

The Queen Bee is alias Kim...from Nevada. Thanks!

Kendra said...

Andrea, you have to try it with Ginger (fresh grated!).
Here is a trick for everyone with fresh ginger:
Buy a nice little fresh nub of ginger at the store, bring it home, wrap it in saran wrap and stick it in the freezer. When you need to use some, pull it out of the freezer, use your carrot peeler to peel the skin off of a section of the ginger. Then grate it on your zester or microplane. Put the saran back over it and stick it back in your freezer!
You can have fresh ginger whenever you need it! And it zests easier when it is frozen.
Peace.