1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1 C Salsa
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 package Puff Pastry
1 C shredded cheddar cheese
1. Thaw the pastry sheet at room temperature for 40 minutes.
2. Cook chicken until there is no pink inside.
3. Shred chicken, then put back in skillet.
4. Add 1 C of salsa, taco seasoning, and 1/2 C water.
5. Cool chicken mixture completely.
6. Heat the oven to 400°; spray two baking sheets with cooking spray, if needed.
7. Stir the egg and water with a fork in a small bowl.
8. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface; roll the sheet into a 14 inch square; cut into 4 (7 inch) squares. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet.
9. Place about 1/3 C chicken mixture onto half of each square; top each with 2 T of the cheese.
10. Brush the edges of the pastry with water; fold plain pastry over chicken mixture and press the edges with a fork to seal.
11. Place the rectangles on the prepared baking sheets; brush with the egg mixture.
12. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Let cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack. Serve warm with additional salsa.