Monday, January 14, 2008

Banana Cream Pie

As most of you know, I have issues with fruit in desserts ... so this is a banana-less banana cream pie. My apologies. And it's easy. Nothing fancy.

2 pkg's Jell-O Banana Cream flavored instant pudding
2 cups milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup Cool Whip
1 pre-made graham cracker crust

Okay, so this recipe isn't really a recipe ... it's more like a combination of store bought ingredients, but I know you'll all forgive me. Here goes. Spray the pre-made graham cracker crust with cooking spray. Bake it at 375* for 5 minutes. Do not over bake it. Allow it to cool while you mix everything else up.

Now for the filling ... do not follow the directions on the box. You'll be crying before your pie is finished. Mix Jell-O pudding and milk together using electric mixer. After about 1 1/2 minutes, add the heavy cream. Mix for another 1-2 minutes ... until the mixture starts to look like it's setting. Poor 3/4 of the mixture into the baked pie crust. Smooth the top with a spoon. Now, add the Cool Whip to the remaining pudding mixture, and gently stir, using a spoon. Pour that on top of the pudding in the pie crust. Smooth again with the back of the spoon. Cover and allow it to cool and set for a good 4 hours before serving. Don't be discouraged if it never completely sets into a firm pie state. It's not really supposed to ... notice in my picture, the pie is a little flat and shapeless. This is normal.

Garnish with graham cracker crumbs ... or whatever else tickles your fancy.

Oh, and I suppose you could make this recipe with any flavor Jell-O pudding that you like ... and use the recipe to turn it into a "____ Cream Pie". Everyone will love you.

3 comments:

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gary Church said...

Sarah, I thought you were already in this blog ... whoops. Wanna make a new layout? Something food-ish? Could be fun ... especially since I know you're never busy ... ESPECIALLY on Wed, Thurs, Friday. lol.

Sarah said...

Janette, I love the layout. It reminds me of a glossy cooking magazine I would never fork over the dough to buy.