Sunday, January 13, 2008

Plain old Pumpkin Bread


After making the Pumpkin French Toast yesterday, I needed to use the rest of my pumpkin ... and we enjoyed this recipe a lot ... it's even better with butter on top!

2 3/4 cups sugar
1 cup butter, softened
3 eggs
1 15 oz can pumpkin
3 1/2 cups flour
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon

Cream sugar and butter. Add eggs and pumpkin. Mix well. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Gradually add to wet batter. Mix well. Grease 2 loaf pans. Pour 1/2 batter into each. Sprinkle tops of loafs with sugar ... if you're a sugar sprinkling fool like me! lol. Bake at 350* for 1 hour or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean. **Took exactly 1 hour to bake!

2 comments:

Gary Church said...

Andrea,

Thanks so much for your comment. I'm sending you an invite. The email will say something like "You've been invited to contribute to Janette's blog" ... this isn't just my blog though. Looking forward to your recipes!!

Janette

Gary Church said...

Andrea,

I deleted your comment so that you're email isn't floating around cyber space.

J