Thursday, January 3, 2008

Gram's Dinner Rolls

2 Cups warm water
2 Tablespoons yeast – (I use Rapid Rise)
½ Cup sugar
1/3 to ½ Cup vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon salt
2 Eggs
4 ½ to 5 Cups of flour - (do not use more than 5 cups)

Put warm water and yeast in large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. I use my hand mixer to mix it up cause I don’t have a bread mixer. Turn oven to warm for about 1 or 2 minutes just enough to warm the oven and put dough in oven to raise. It will take about 20 or 30 minutes, it should be double in bulk. Pour out on floured cupboard and sprinkle flour on top so that you can roll out the dough, spread with melted butter (to make dinner rolls) and cut with a round cup or plastic glass – (I use a plastic glass that I have) fold the circle over and press edge down with finger tips – (don’t press real hard into the counter just enough to kind of seal the edge). Put in pan just barely touching each one and let raise till double in bulk again and bake and 350 degrees for 15 or 20 minutes. The left over dough pieces from cutting the circles I put in the pan for a picking pan, I don’t make them into rolls because dough will get tired and won’t raise or do anything.

* Recipe compliments of my Grams. She's great!

0 comments: