Saturday, January 12, 2008

"Deceptive" Pumpkin French Toast

This came from the "Deceptively Delicious" cookbook by Jessica Seinfeld ... thank you again for the book, Kendra! I love it!! This was our breakfast this morning, and we loved it!

4 large eggs
2 TBS canned pumpkin
1/4 tsp cinnamon
8 slices whole wheat bread (her recipe says 4 ... we needed 8 for the 4 eggs)
Nonstick cooking spray

In a shallow dish, wisk eggs, pumpkin, and cinnamon together. Proceed to make French Toast as usual ... if you don't know how to make French Toast, I'm not sure we can be friends anymore! lol. Just kidding.

We could barely tell that there was pumpkin in there, and, truth be known, I really added a 1/4 cup of pumpkin .... so ... if you have a picky eater, he/she will NEVER know that pumpkin is in there. And your life will be great!

1 comments:

Kendra said...

I know what I'm making for breakfast tomorrow... Your Grandmas Cinnamon rolls. Ha ha. Oh yeah and some pumpkin french toast.