Thursday, November 1, 2007

Pumpkin Spice Breake

I'm calling this breake, because it's somewhere between bread and cake. It's denser like bread, but ultra moist like cake. Anyone want some breake?


1 box of spice cake (I used Duncan Hines)
1/2 cup oil (I use olive oil for everything, regardless)
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
3 eggs
1/2 cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cake mix, oil, pumpkin, and eggs using electric mixer. Gradually add the water and mix until uniform throughout. Separate into 2-3 loaf pans, depending on how full you want them. (I used 3 ... kinda wished I had used 2) Sprinkle the top of the loaves with sugar. Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes, depending on the thickness of your loaves. I pulled mine out when the knife came out clean ... and I cannot believe how moist this stuff is! I cut it while it was still hot, but still ... I think it's going to be very moist even after it cools. VERY YUMMY! Not bad for a made up breake. Thanks Mom, for your suggestions! (my mom is the greatest cook, chef, baker ever!)

1 comments:

Kendra said...

I want a break to eat some breake! Ah ha ha, I'm so funny!