Saturday, November 17, 2007

Cake Mix Cookies

I would love to take total credit for these yummy cookies, but it is Janette's recipe out of our Ward Cookbook. (Plug: this cookbook is fabulous, you should buy a copy!) I made them and they were a big hit.
2 eggs
1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 box vanilla or chocolate cake mix (I used German Chocolate Cake mix)
chocolate chips (I used white chocolate chips)
Blend ingredients, using cake mix like flour, mixing in a small amount of cake mix at a time. Stir in chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes. Roll cookies in sugar prior to baking.
I needed to cook mine for about 11 minutes (they may have been bigger than Janette intended.) Also, the chocolate chip cookies in the picture are Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies...I got the recipe right off the back of the milk chocolate chip package!

3 comments:

Gary Church said...

Okay, Andrea and Rachel ... I'm actually getting fatter just looking at these!! YUM!! I'm so excited for this week and all the pie baking, etc. YUM!! If y'all have good Thanksgiving recipes ... share them! I need all the help I can get ... eventhough I don't plan to do much of the cooking, lol.

Gary Church said...

Does that recipe really say 6-8 minutes...geez. It should say 8-10. Whoops. This is no real surprise to me. lol.

Kendra said...

I always make Nestle Toll House recipe for my Chocolate chip cookies, and people think I have some magic super secret family recipe. The only thing I do differently is I always put one stick of margarine and one stick of butter at fridge temperature, and I also add a small box of instant vanilla pudding at the same time I add the sugar. (If you add a box of Chocolate instant pudding and use mini m&m's than you are a big hit with the kiddos!)