Monday, November 12, 2007

Steak Teryaki

2-3 lean steaks, cubed (I use beef tenderloin)
2 cups green beans
2 cups Mr. Yoshida's Original Gourmet Sweet & Savory Sauce
2 cups prepared sticky rice (I use the Botan Calrose brand -- white bag with red flower)

Saute the cubed steak in a hot pan with olive oil. Sprinkle steak with garlic salt (Lawry's Garlic salt is my fav) and pepper, turning cubes to cook on all sides. When steak is fully cooked and starts to caramelize, add about 2 cups of the Yoshida's sauce. Allow steak and sauce to come back to a boil (add more sauce if you think you need it) and then let simmer for about 25 - 30 minutes, so that the meat tenderizes a little bit. Add green beans for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Serve over sticky rice ... or whatever rice you prefer.

***I'm not sure where all you can find Yoshida's sauce, but I buy mine in the 1/2 gallon size at Sam's Club and it lasts all year.

0 comments: