Monday, November 19, 2007

Jerk Chicken


My favorite restaurant is Bahama Breeze. They used to have one here in Frisco, but for some reason it closed... :(
My favorite meal was Jerk Chicken. I was craving it the other day, so I had to come up with my own version.

Jerk Chicken

1 lb chicken, cut into strips
Jerk Seasoning
1 bundle of asparagus, cut into one inch pieces
1 container of cut mushrooms
16 oz bow tie Pasta
1 container Alouette garlic and herb cheese spread (you'll find this at the store with the specialty cheeses)
1/2 cup half and half
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Salt to taste

Marinate chicken in Jerk seasoning overnight.
Cook the chicken and set aside. In a large nonstick frypan, put 3 tablespoons olive oil or butter. When hot, add the mushrooms. Sautee the mushrooms, when they are almost done add the asparagus and put the lid on the pan.
In a large pot boil water, add pasta cook according to package directions.
For cheese sauce, get a small sauce pan add the Alouette spread, half and half, and parmesan. Heat over medium low heat until smooth.
Once the asparagus is bright green and cooked how you like it, add the chicken. When chicken is heated through, add the pasta and the cheese sauce. Salt to taste (important to add salt!)
Before I serve this I move it into a pretty dish and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Enjoy!

1 comments:

Gary Church said...

All I can say is YUM!