Monday, November 5, 2007

Carnitas- YUM!

Ok- this is my first post since being added to this blog- thanks Janette for thinking of me! I love to cook- so this is right up my alley. You've gotta try these- it makes a ton of food and you just stuff it in a tortilla...its so good that you don't need anything else in there with it, but, if you must, its great with sour cream, salsa, lettuce, guac, etc. :) Enjoy!

CARNITAS:
3-4 lbs. pork roast (shoulder, Boston butt, sirloin)
1/2 bunch cilantro (stems removed)
1 can Mexi-stewed tomatoes (undrained)
1 tsp. minced garlic
Shredded cheese
Olive Oil

Season pork roast (I used salt and pepper) and brown on all sides in hot olive oil. Then, put in crock pot. Pour garlic on top, then add tomatoes and cilantro. Cook on high for 4 hours, or until pork falls apart. Remove from crock pot, shred, remove fat, and place in pan. Sprinkle cheese over top and cook at 375 for 30 minutes, until crispy on top. Serve with tortillas. So yummy!

1 comments:

Gary Church said...

I'm so making this one!! I'm all about the crock pot madness!