Friday, November 2, 2007

Quick Hot Dogs

Again, this is NOT a recipe, just a food idea for the babies. For those of you who have more than one kid, quit rolling your eyes ... it's not nice, nor is it lady like. For the rest of y'all who are first time moms, or will someday be a first time mom, take heed. Babies love hot dogs. LOVE hot dogs. Did you get that? They love hot dogs. And, I've found that Ryan tends to get hungry fast, and even if he gives me a little notice, I still hate taking more than a couple minutes to get his meals ready. So, I buy a package of hot dogs (Hebrew National all beef hot dogs make me feel like the best mom, since "they answer to a higher authority") and cut them up while cold. Then, I put each cut up hot dog (portion control ... we don't need them getting any more nitrites/nitrates than they need, lol) into a little cup with a lid. I found these cups at the dollar store: 5 for $1, you can't beat that. Then, when Ryan rears his hungry head, I pop one in the microwave for 20 seconds and dump it on his high chair tray. Then I enjoy about 45 seconds of quiet time while he savors every last piece. I usually follow this up with whatever pasta/vegetable I have already made in the fridge. Good luck!! May the force be with you!

0 comments: