Sunday, October 7, 2007

Shredded beef tacos


1 eye of round roast, cut into 3 hunks
1 1/2 cups homemade "Church Family Salsa" (look under "appetizer" for the recipe)
garlic salt (I use the Lawry's garlic salt)
olive oil
tomatoes
salsa
sour cream
shredded cheese
lettuce
Heat 2 TBS olive oil in a skillet. Use garlic salt to salt all sides of the hunks of meat. Sear every side of meat until caramelized. Move meat to the crock pot. Pour salsa into the crock pot. Cook on high for 5 hours. Meat will be super tender. Remove meat and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Using two forks, shred meat into strips. Serve in your favorite tortillas, with your favorite fixings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Id love to join!! things have been crazy lately which is why I havent written back- what should I do??? Do you take photos of the foods you make? How can I post something I think ya'll would like? Do I send it to you??

Ari

Gary Church said...

Ari, I'll send you another invite and once you accept the invite, you post recipes on your own whenever you want. I take a picture of whatever dish I make, but I don't have a picture for a lot of the recipes I make, so post some, even if you don't have a picture. Let me know if you can't get in for some reason. --J

lyn said...

this looks way yummy, i'll be making it for sure!