2-3 garlic cloves, minced
5 1/2 T olive oil
1 1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced
2 C fresh roma tomatoes, diced
1 C green onion, chopped
1 t crushed red pepper
2 C chicken broth
1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
16 oz uncooked bowtie pasta
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Cook chicken; dice.
3. Cook and stir garlic in hot oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until lightly browned.
4. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, green onions, and red pepper; cook and stir 2 minutes. (If you like well done mushrooms, add them before adding the tomatoes and green onions and cook until done.)
5. Add broth; simmer mixture to reduce slightly.
6. Add chicken and pasta; heat through.
This is the original recipe, but I tend to alter it to make it spicier. If you like spicier a spicier pasta, double the red pepper.
(P.S. I reduce the mushrooms to about 3/4 to 1 lb since I am not a huge fan of mushrooms. I also did not have enough bowtie pasta so I added some rotini when I made this dish recently.)