Thursday, October 18, 2007

Chocolate lovers, your cookie is here.

It's a favorite around here, this cookie. Chocolatey as can be, it even has the surprise of a rolo candy melted in the middle. The recipe is a classic from my sister in law, Jenni. Presenting ...

THE ROLO COOKIE
Ingredients:
1 package devils food cake mix
2 Eggs
1/4 Cup oil
4 Teaspoons milk
Instructions:
Mix ingredients. Roll into individual balls with 1 rolo candy inside each ball.
Then roll each ball in sugar and place on cookie sheet.
Bake 350 degrees for 8-10minutes. Makes about 12-15 per cake mix.
Nutrition:
about 200 calories per cookie (but totally worth it!)
This is my cute husband JT enjoying the warm carmel stretching across the two havles of the cookie. I think this was a winner ...

4 comments:

Gary Church said...

Love it! There are no words, lol.

Kendra said...

I'm glad someone else finally put a picture of a family member enjoying their food. I'm going to get the ingredients tonight...Yummy!

Kendra said...

Ok, I finally got around to making these. They are definitely good, but they are soooooooo messy to make. So Lizzy if you have any tips on how to roll these into balls without making a gigantic mess, please let me know! Oh, I guess I should mention that I was being helped by 2 three year olds and a one year old. The kitchen needed a bath when we were done, and so did we!

ErinLub said...

I agree with Kendra, these are messy. I wondered if I mixed the ingredients right when I went to roll the balls and they stuck to my hands and not at all to the Rolos. Any ideas?