Thursday, December 6, 2007

Spaghetti & Meatballs

1 lb ground sirloin
1 egg
handful of oats (I like the texture of the old fashioned oats best)
garlic salt
pepper
1/2 small onion, chopped

Spaghetti sauce (I like the Classico Traditional Sweet Basil) OR make your own ... I'm no Martha
Spaghetti noodles

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, except for the sauce and noodles, and mix well, until uniform. I use about 1 tsp of garlic salt IN the meat mixture and then lightly sprinkle some on top when their all in the skillet. Roll mixture into TBS sized balls and place on a hot skillet. (I used the Pampered Chef cookie dough/ice cream scooper thingy ... it worked great!) Allow the meatballs to cook thoroughly on all sides; approximately 1-2 minutes per side (there were about 4 sides to each of my meatballs). Once meatballs are cooked through, add your favorite spaghetti sauce and allow meatballs to heat an additional 3-5 minutes after sauce begins to bubble. Serve over spaghetti noodles ... or whatever your favorite spaghetti noodle is.

0 comments: