Sunday, December 16, 2007

Mint Julep Brownies

These are the only mint brownies that my husband likes. They are different than most mint brownies. Promise.


Ingredients:
 Fudge brownie mix (I like Betty Crocker.)
 1/2 C mint chocolate chips
 1/2 C chopped pecans, optional
 2 C confectioner sugar
 1/4 C margarine
 2 T mint jelly (I have found mint flavored apple jelly.)
 1-3 t milk

Glaze ingredients:
 1 C mint chocolate chips
 1/4 C margarine

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Grease bottom of 9 x 13 pan.
3. In large bowl, make brownie mix according to the directions.
4. Stir in mint chocolate chips (and pecans).
5. Spread batter in 9 x 13 greased pan.
6. Bake according to package directions.
7. Cool 2 hours
8. In small bowl, beat confectioner sugar, butter, mint jelly, and enough milk to bring mixture to spreading consistency; spread over cooled brownies.
9. In small saucepan, over low heat, melt glaze ingredi-ents, stirring constantly until smooth.
10. Remove glaze from heat; cool slightly.
11. Spoon glaze over the filling, spreading to cover.
12. Refrigerate until glaze hardens.

3 comments:

Gary Church said...

I noticed that you've just made all these treats ... would it be presumptious to think that I might get some in the mail? Or that they'd still taste good in a week when they finally arrive?

Thanks for the recipes. I'm making the mint brownies first thing!

Anonymous said...

These are crazy good. I hate mint and I love these brownies.

Angela said...

Sorry, Janette, I don't think that they would ship very well. I was thinking about making them when your family is here after Christmas, so you could always try to hitch a ride with them to get some treats.