Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Crockpot Beef Stew


To help you stay warm this winter season...and it freezes well for future use! Also, this is a great one to start before church and enjoy at dinnertime.

Ingredients:
 1 lb beef stew meat, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
 1 medium onion, chopped
 1 package (8 oz) baby-cut carrots
 1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
 1 can (10 1/2 oz) condensed beef broth
 1/2 C flour
 1 T Worcestershire sauce
 1 t salt
 1 t sugar
 1 t marjoram leaves
 12 new potatoes (1 1/2 lbs), chopped

Instructions:
1. Mix all ingredients except beef in crockpot.
2. Add beef; do not stir.
3. Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until vegetables are tender.
4. Stir well before serving


I have never made this in the oven, but if you are limited on time, here you go...

Oven directions:
**Additional ingredient: 8 oz can tomato sauce**
1.Heat oven to 325°.
2. Mix all ingredients except potatoes in ovenproof 4-quart Dutch oven.
3. Cover and bake 2 hours, stirring once.
4. Stir in potatoes.
5. Cover and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender.

4 comments:

Gary Church said...

FYI, I'm making this in the morning.

Gary Church said...

Okay, I made this ... I seared all the meat first (I'm a meat searing freak) and I cooked it on high for 3 1/2 hours ... because I'm impatient. It's wonderful. I'll post a picture later!

Gary Church said...

I forgot to take a picture ... but frankly, the stew didn't last long enought TO take a picture. lol.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! It's sounds like a wonderful crock pot recipe!!