1 T margarine
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 C sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (get the bag kind, NOT the kind in olive oil)
1 C chicken broth, divided
1 C heavy cream
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 T vegetable oil
2 T fresh basil, chopped
8 oz dry fettuccini pasta
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
2. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt margarine; add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
3. Add the tomatoes and 3/4 C of the chicken broth; increase to medium heat and bring to a boil. 4. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender.
5. Add the cream and bring to a boil; stirring.
6. Simmer over medium heat until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
7. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. In a large skillet over medium heat, warm oil and sauté chicken; press on chicken occasionally with a slotted spatula.
8. Cook for about 4 minutes per side or until the meat is no longer pink inside. Remove from heat.
9. In the same skillet, over medium heat, bring 1/4 C chicken broth to a boil; stirring the pan juices.
10. Reduce slightly and add to the cream sauce; stir in basil and adjust seasonings to taste.
11. Cut each chicken into 2 to 3 diagonal slices.
12. Toss pasta with 3-4 tablespoons of the sauce; top with chicken and coat with the cream sauce.