Saturday, February 16, 2008

chocolate covered marshmallows


It might be a stretch to consider this a RECIPE. But it is an idea. And it was a big hit at the school Valentine's party - especially with the moms! So, I thought I'd share! This takes no time at all. I had 10 minutes between everything else to get something made for the party, and this is what I came up with.

jumbo marshmallows (I used strawberry flavored)
stick pretzels
6 oz. chocolate (I used white chocolate)
1 Tbsp. shortening
colored sugar or sprinkles

Stick pretzels into the end of each marshmallow and put on a plate. Put chocolate and shortening in a small bowl and microwave on 70% power for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Using the pretzel as a handle, dip one marshmallow into chocolate. (You don't need to cover the whole thing.) Immediately sprinkle with colored sugar or sprinkles. Repeat with remaining marshmallows. Let chocolate harden and then serve.

1 comments:

ShellyH said...

What a cute idea! I often dip marshmallows into melted chocolate and decorate them but I never thought about using pretzel sticks for the handles! Great idea!