Friday, September 28, 2007

Taco Soup

So, if you're a Mormon, you've probably already eaten this or seen this recipe, but since I already had a picture of it, I thought I would post it. I got this from my Mom. I think this would be a great food storage meal because it's basically all canned items and you can whip it up pretty easily. (That's garlic bread on the side and shredded cheese on top, in case it looks odd to you).

Serves 10-12

2 lbs ground beef
1 onion chopped
1 tsp garlic
3 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can chili with beans
2 cans corn (I think the vacuum packed kind has the best texture)
2 cans kidney beans (please drain AND rinse these, otherwise it's yucky!)
8 oz can tomato sauce
2 packages taco seasoning
1 tsp salt
Pepper to taste


Brown beef, add onions & garlic & cook until onions are translucent. Add canned ingredients undrained. Simmer on low 1-2 hours.

Serve with cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, fritos, chopped tomatoes, or guacamole.

My husband is a very picky eater, and even he likes this recipe (as long as we cut back on the onions and chop them very finely).

Enjoy!

0 comments: