Tuesday, January 6, 2009

cabbage soup

Yeah. I know. It doesn't sound that good. But trust me. It is delicious. So much so that my 8 year old daughter wants to take it to school for lunch. It's that good.


Cabbage Soup

1-2 lbs. ground beef (I use one)
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 Tbsp. chili powder
2 c. raw potatoes, chopped
3-4 beef bouillon cubes
1-2 cans diced tomatoes (I use 2)
1 c. raw carrots, chopped
1 small head of cabbage, chopped

Brown ground beef (drain grease, if any). Add everything EXCEPT CABBAGE. Add 1 quart of water. Once soup comes to a boil, simmer over low heat for one hour. Pour in another quart of water and return to a slow boil. Add cabbage and simmer for one hour until cabbage is tender.

1 comments:

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

I love cabbage soup. I also make one with a brisket.