Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Breakfast/Brunch Casserole (Fay Croxford via my friend Adri)

I made this casserole for our Teacher Appreciation Breakfast this morning and it was a huge hit! It is one of the yummiest breakfast casseroles I have ever had. It can be altered however you'd like by adding different kinds of cheeses, meats and veggies. I didn't take a picture of it because I was in a hurry, but trust me it looked good! I put the ingredients I used in bold letters.

1 pkg. frozen diced hash browns
1lb cooked ground sausage, diced links or diced ham
1 dozen eggs
1 can cream of chicken or mushroom soup
1/3 cup mayonnaise or miracle whip
1 lb shredded cheese (cheddar/jack mix)
diced onions or onion flakes
diced green peppers (optional)
sliced mushrooms (optional)

Layer frozen potatoes, meat, and onions in a sprayed 9X13 baking dish. Mix together soup, eggs, mayonnaise, cheese and any veggies you desire (pretty much anything you may want in an omelet) and pour over layers. Cover and let sit in refrigerator overnight. Bake at 350˚ for an hour or until fluffy and bubbly. Slice and serve hot.

2 comments:

AudreyEricksen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gary Church said...

Audrey, I sent you an invite. Please let me know if you don't receive it!

Thanks,

J