Thursday, May 29, 2008

Blender Wheat Pancakes and Homemade Syrup

Blender Wheat Pancakes
1 cup wheat flour
1 cup milk
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 cup oil
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder

Blend wheat flour and 1 cup milk on high for 3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup milk and blend for another 2 minutes. Add rest of ingredients and blend until mixed. Really yummy served with this homemade syrup...

Homemade Syrup
I grew up in a house with only homemade syrup. I didn't know who Mrs. Butterworth was until I was in college! Anyway, if you haven't tried homemade, I'd recommend it.

2 cups white or brown sugar (matter of taste - my dad likes one cup of each)
1 cup water
Bring to a boil.

Add:
1/2 tsp maple
1 tsp vanilla
(I also like to add 1/2 tsp almond flavoring, but again, it's a matter of taste.)

If you like thick syrup allow it to cool a little before serving. It thickens as it cools.

3 comments:

Lisa Lou said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gary Church said...

Hi Lisalou!

I sent you an invite. Please let me know if you don't receive it. Thanks!

J

Jen V said...

I'd love to join! I have a great recipe to share!!
Jen V - Utah
pjvietti@earthlink.net