Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ham sandwiches

This recipe is stolen from a make-your-own cookbook site. I was browsing it to see how much it would cost to put all of our recipes in a cookbook. It would be about $6.35 a book if we ordered 100. Anyway, it's the holiday's and I'm way to busy to get that project going, but maybe someday. While looking there were a couple of featured recipes, the following was one and it sounded so good I didn't want to lose it...

Nina Taylor's Ham Sandwiches

1 tray frozen or fresh rolls, sliced in halves
1/2 c. butter or mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
1 Tbsp. grated onion
1/2 tsp. poppy seeds
Ham slices
Swiss cheese, grated

Mix butter (or mayonnaise), mustard, onion, and poppy seeds together. Spread on each half of rolls. Layer ham slices and grated cheese. Top with other half of bread. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes (until cheese melts).


I'm gonna go to the store and get the ingredients I don't have and try it for dinner tomorrow, I'll let you know how it turned out.


2 comments:

Gary Church said...

What a great idea, Kendra!! We should totally do that! I have about a dozen recipes to post ... I'm behind ... being prego and having a baby takes up a lot of time, lol.

Maybe we could get together after the holidays (phone, email) and plan something to make some cookbooks. :D

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Janice, hope you see this note! Thanks for stopping by to see me & yes, you do serve the pudding warm. I baked it at home & it was still fairly warm when we got there, but I did stick it back into an oven to heat up a bit before we served it. So yes, ideally let it bake, sit a few minutes and then serve it warm! It is yummy and oh so fattening! LOL