Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Straight and Narrow Banana Cookies

The mother of one of my friends in high school made these for all the teenage gatherings at her house, which apparently kept all of us on the right path. I don't know if all that's true but I do know they were good. My cookies were tested on about 6 adults and 10 children...and everyone liked them. Worth giving them a try!

Ingredients:
2.5 cups flour
1.5 tsp. bk.pwd.
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp. bk.soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
Mix and set aside

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup mashed banana (aprox. 2.5 bananas)
1 pkg. choc. chips

Mix butter and sugar 'til fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. Alternate dry ingredients and mashed banana. Stir in choc. chips. 350, 10 mins. (I had to bake mine longer.)

Frosting:
2 tb. butter
1/4 cup mashed banana (aprox. 1/2 banana)
2 cups pwd. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Whip until smooth. Frost cooled cookies.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Rachel! How funny! I follow this blog, and when I saw the title for this I thought...How funny, I just heard that phrase on Monday! Small world :) Steve liked the cookies Mon evening- great recipe!

Chels said...

Thanks for sharing! Made them today and the whole fam loved them! Now I have a whole dozen calling out to me and no one else is awake!